Monday, April 16, 2018

Let's Get Digital-Candace


Hello friends!  Candace here to get a digital with you!  I can't even tell you how excited I am that CTK is now offering digital components to their kits.  I am a true hybrid scrapbooker at heart.  I love having the flexibility to create and manipulate product designs to fit my personal style and story.

This month I wanted to create a fun vellum overlay using the digital journal cards.  Here is a look at the final spread in my traveler's notebook.



To start my spread I opened the digital card in photoshop with the png file.  Next, I knew I wanted the words in grey going across the vellum so I needed to change the color of the words.  Using the eye dropper tool I picked up the grey color on the card.  I changed the background of the card to white and used the paint bucket, with the grey selected, to change the color of the words. 






I printed out the sentiment on vellum and cut it to create a page in my travelers notebook.  To make it look like a seamless page I added my photo on top of the page flap.  To add a bit more color; using my tiny attacher I added tabs to my custom vellum page.



In my snapchat photo I had a bunch of hearts floating above my head.  I thought it would be fun to sew a few of the cute hearts from the ephemera pack among the photo hearts.  I LOVE how it turned out!







I wanted to create a little envelope to hold my journaling.  Using a 6x8 sheet of paper from the kit I created an envelope and sealed it closed with a wood button.  



I had so much fun putting this spread together! It is so full of fun and color and I could have never created it without going digital!  Love digital!  Keep an eye out for more posts from our design team with inspiration and tutorials on using the fun new digital elements! Thanks for stopping by!  Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment