Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Let's Get Digital with Kira

Hello friends!  It's Kira again and I am back with a 12x12 layout using the exclusive Citrus Twist cut file for this month.  You can grab this cut file for FREE in the Citrus Twist Fan Page on Facebook.


I took inspiration from the Crate Paper Good Vibes collection when I created this cut file.  Ampersands seem to be a common theme throughout, as is that geometric feel.

To start, I enlarged the cut file to 11" in height.  I love a big statement piece on a layout, and the ampersand definitely achieved that.  Then I started backing the cut file with the 6x6 paper included in the pocket life kit.  At this point I was unsure if I wanted to back every open area, or leave some open.  So I just randomly backed some areas and skipped others, figuring I could go back to spots later if I so chose to.



I liked the look of the open areas, so I left it as is which the intention of doing some mixed media behind the cut file.  I experimented with some white cardstock and a variety of watercolors for my background, but thought it overpowered my cut file.  But I am in love with this  Good Vibes “Life’s Goals” paper!  So I decided to ad some white gesso around where I wanted to place the cut file.  And I would be lying if I didn't worry that I had completely wasted this gorgeous paper about twenty times during the creation of this layout!



But I stuck with my plan and continued with embellishing.  I chose this photo of my oldest son and me on Thanksgiving.  And I loved the "Squad Goals" phrase included in the High Five thickers.  I tucked the photo slightly underneath the cut file and used the thickers as my title.  




I knew I wanted to try and use some washi tape on this layout since I always struggle to use washi!  So I fussy cut a few flowers from the floral washi and placed them around my page.  These served as the starting point to each of my three clusters.  



I used pieces of ephemera from the Pocket Life kit, some chipboard stars from the embellishment kit along with some of the Wild Child puffy stickers from the embellishment kit.  I added some black splatters around my page, along with a roller date stamp, and called it done!




Thank you so much for stopping by!  Make sure to head over to the Facebook group to grab this cut file, I can't wait to see how everyone uses it!

Until next time, 

Kira

1 comment:

  1. Simply Beautiful Kira!! Makes me wanna play with this digital file right now😍 xo

    ReplyDelete