Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial with Brenda

Good morning everyone.  Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite techniques for my simple pages.

Often I want to add more interest to my page but still want to keep things from being too over cluttered.  Plus the colors and patterns in the May kit are amazing.  I really wanted to use every paper for this first page.  Adding a cut file to the background and filling it with pretty papers usually does the trick.

Start with the cut file.  You can cut this on any size of paper and it doesn't have to be white.  White backgrounds are just my favorite.

I created this file in Illustrator just for this page,  If you want to use it, I have the PNG for you HERE.
Once you open it in your silhouette software all you need to do is resize, trace and cut.  Be sure to select "trace" or the inside of the letters won't cut out.


The hardest part was choosing the patterns I wanted to use.



Then I just hand cut a few pieces and laid them on the back of the background page.




 There wasn't enough room to glue them down so I just grabbed an old roll of washi and taped it all down.



See how pretty that is!





And here is the finished page.  Colorful, fun and still true to my simple style,






Happy scrapping all!

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!Love this mix of patterned papers and that little guy is a dreamboat!!

    ReplyDelete