Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Missy Whidden

Happy Sunday!  Missy here with you, and I'm sharing this week's awesome sketch!  It's a really fun one, and you can make great use of your new May Kits with it!  Check it out:




I used the new and beautiful May Main Kit for this.  I wanted to create a bright and fun sunny layout, so I scrapped a few photos of my daughter down at the pool.  She jumped out and wanted to play with the hose.  I used a bit of watercolors to create a water splash look on the background.  I used lots of aqua, pink and yellow elements from the kits, which have some Maggie Holmes, Pink Paislee Paige Evans Fancy Free, and some beautiful exclusives.


I used several acetate pieces from the Paige Evans line here.  I added a few colored circles under this "Live a Colorful Life" circle and then added some tangled thread from my stash for an extra pop of blue.  Those awesome sequins are exclusives this month, and they are gorgeous colors!


I used some light pink ink spray and some gelatos to color these silver glitter Thickers, and it turned out so pretty!  You can do this with any color gelato and smudge the color with your finger.  Super easy!  I fussy cut the little flower under the journaling from one of the patterned papers.


Here's another angle for the bottom area...aren't those sequins so pretty?  I love how the colors here look against that beautiful yellow paper.


I did use white gesso over this before I used the watercolors.  I wanted to blend out some of the yellow pattern just a bit, and I like that you can still see it slightly.  That's the beauty of gesso...it can really change the look of the paper depending on how much you add.  I also did some machine stitching here as well.

 

Here's the top above the photos...more paper, watercolor and thread.  These are my three favorite colors together, for sure :)
 

Now it's your turn to create something awesome using this sketch!  We hope you play along with the Sunday Sketch Challenge.  You can upload your layout to the Gallery and make sure to add the date 5/1 in your title.  You could win a $5 Gift Certificate to the Citrus Twist Store!

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this  layout together.  I hope you enjoy!!


Have a great day!

Missy Whidden

No comments:

Post a Comment