Sunday, March 27, 2016

Here Sketchy Sketchy! Sketch Sunday with Aimee and Brenda.

Hiya and welcome to a very special Easter edition of the Sunday Sketch Challenge. The fact that it falls on Easter Sunday is just a coincidence. The 'very special' part is because Brenda Smith with be joining me - Two for the price of one peeps! We are nothing, if not great value here on the Citrus Twist Blog. So shall we get started? Here is the Sketch we will be rocking:


I for the first time in history stuck to the sketch (*Cough* Moderately).


I adore this page. These photos are some of my absolute favourites of Eva.


I cut a square the same size as the photos for my Journaling and used the typewriter to fill in the details. I also inked the edges to up the contrast against the background.

Oh speaking of contrast, I know it's not on the sketch, but I added the Shimelle clip to add a little more orange to balance out the title and pink fresh sticker. It was a little lost against the white cardstock, so I backed it with the black eye chart. I thought it was pretty cool given the glasses.


Last, but not least (and not required at all), I added a butterfly and an Elle's Studio tag to the bottom just to draw the eye down the page and make it a little less top heavy.


Well that about wraps up my contribution to the Sunday Sketch Challenge. I can not wait to see your take on it. Just for a little (or a lot) more inspiration, here's Brenda:
 
I have a folder on my computer of old images that I have not used for paper scrapping.  Every once in a while I dig through it to see if there is anything that fits the kits I am working with.  This time, these caught my eye.  This was my first time using a backdrop to take photos.  I literally set a sheet up in the doorway of my house where the light was pretty and snapped some photos of my middle girl.  She was so tiny!  Hooray for finding old photos to scrap.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now it's your turn! To play along with these week's Sunday Sketch Challenge, create a layout based off of today's sketch, upload it to our gallery with the date of the challenge (3/27) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to be used in the CTK Store!
 

2 comments: