Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday Sketch with Aimee Dow

Yay for another Sunday! I am particularly stoked about this one for a couple of reasons. For starters all the Christmas madness is beginning to subside and a weekend is just another weekend, rather than my own personal christmas present safari. Secondly, I got first pick of the sketches this month and I don't mean to brag, but I love how this one turned out.


I rotated the sketch on the side to accommodate the large letter title and the photo orientation. 




The subject matter is a little new to us too. Little Eva arrived 2 weeks early on the 7th and really put a kink in my christmas scrapping. Truth be told I'm really not that upset. Red and Green are not exactly my colours. This months 'Flea Market' scrapbooking add on, on the other hand was right up my alley. 

I punched some circles from the Amy Tangerine paper and used the Basic Grey cork circles as the scatters. The little acrylic stars are the only thing I had to pull from my stash all the little hearts around the layout came from the Maggie Holmes Shine Chipboard - that's my favourite thing in the whole kit.


I fussy cut out a typewriter from Dear Lizzy paper to use for my journaling. I even used a craft knife to slot the cardstock in where is would usually go on a typewriter. It's super simple to do, but it's super effective.


Last, but not least are the tiny little finishing touches like watercolour splashes, a few lines of stitching and of course a stamp or two and I'm done! Now it's your turn. So now it’s your turn to play with this lovely sketch… and don’t forget to upload your project to the Citrus Twist Gallery: you could win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store! Remember to add "Sketch 12/27" to the title line.

Aimee Xx.

1 comment: