Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Sketch with Michelle

Hello!  Are you ready for a new sketch?  I don't know about you, but I always look forward to the Sunday sketch.  Kasia consistently creates very approachable sketches and today's sketch is no different.


 
 
 
When working with a sketch, I always keep in mind that it is just a sketch and that I can customize it or change it to meet my own needs.  For instance, instead of confining myself to a 12x12 layout like the sketch, I made an 8.5x11 layout.
 
Love This Day
 
You can see that I shrunk the proportions of the sketch down a little and left a little less white space than the sketch called for.  I also flipped the sketch so that my daughters would be looking inward as opposed to off the page. 
 
Sketch July 13-2
 
 
Since I had chosen to use lots of color in my layout, I decided to cut my title out of a dark navy patterned paper from the July Are We There Yet? Main Kit.  This helped the title to stand out and draw the attention straight to the photos.

 
Sketch July 13-3
 
The stitched borders from the Best of Days Embellishment Kit worked perfectly in place of the banner shown in the sketch.

And now that I have shared my take on this week's sketch, we would love to see yours!  Citrus Twist is offering a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store to one lucky participant in this week's sketch challenge.  To get your name into the drawing, please upload your layout into the CTK gallery and include "Sketch 7/13" in the title. Also, feel free to share your project in other scrapbook galleries and on Instagram (use #citrustwistkits).  It is always so much fun to see what you all are doing with the beautiful kits! 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Love that you turned it to a 8.5x11 page! Adorable page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total awesomeness, Michelle! Live it! Great sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun sketch and beautiful layout! Appreciate the extra details.

    ReplyDelete