Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer

Here is this week sketch challenge.  And remember to play along with this week's challenge, upload your entry to the gallery by May 18th and you could win a $5 GC to the store. When uploading your layout, remember to include "Sketch 5/11" in the title.



I really thought this was a neat sketch with so many possibilities! I love that everyone will see something different and interpret it their own way. Choosing my pictures was the first place I stared with it, and instead of using two I decided on using three in a longer photo strip. I really liked where the title in the sketch was placed to I wanted to keep mine starting in the same place.



For my journaling I opted for using the stamps that came in my kit and the word stickers, some of the words were perfect. I also liked where the sketch had all it's papers layered so I tried to keep mine in around the same places. I cut one of the vellum tags in half and placed it under my picture to add another layer, I liked the pink that it helped bring to that side of my page. I was bound and bent to use that straw on one of my layouts and I finally found a place for it on here. I used some of the gold ribbon beside it and placed the rest of my title on the right half of my layout. I used some of the vellum butterflies and enamel dots to add some extra interest here and there. I finished it off with a few splashes of ink and sequins from my stash using some staples.




Thanks for stopping by, I can't wait to see what you create using this weeks sketch.

3 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the sketch! Your layering and use of the straw + ribbon totally caught my eye! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! I love your work

    ReplyDelete