Thursday, February 6, 2014

Be Inspired by...Handwriting and Calligraphy

Hi there! It's Nathalie here today to talk about my latest inspiration and share two of my new projects with the February Main kit. I have been very inspired by handwritten quotes, posters and notes popping everywhere as well as by the calligraphy trend. Last week, I had the pleasure of taking a calligraphy class with our very own April and I loved it!

(original source missing on Pinterest)
(source TheMotivatedType on Etsy)
(source April's blog)

For this first page, I simply wrote a quote on a vintage book page that is included in the kit and framed it with washi (also from the kit):

nathalie_CHA2014_CTKfeb2014banner
nathalie_CHA2014closeup1_CTKfeb2014
nathalie_CHA2014closeup_CTKfeb2014
KIT USED: February "Good Life" Main kit
NON-KIT ITEMS USED: paper clip, paint, office tag

For my second page (post lesson with April), I actually used a nib and my beginner calligraphy skills on vellum. The design is based on a Pagemaps sketch from November 2013:

nathalie_Loveatfirstbite_CTKfeb2014banner
nathalie_Loveatfirstbitecloseup1_CTKfeb2014
nathalie_Loveatfirstbitecloseup2_CTKfeb2014
KIT USED: February "Good Life" Main kit
NON-KIT ITEMS USED: doilie, vellum, alpha stickers and paint

Don't you feel inspired to grab a pretty pen and start writing? I know I do! :D
Thank you for stopping by today! We appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh Nathalie! So many things to comment on! 1) I LOVE your layout (maybe because I'm in it.. hahaha, jk.. it truly is a beautiful layout!), 2) I'm so flattered that you mentioned me and that you are inspired by my calligraphy, it's such an honor, and 3) I'm LOVING your calligraphy! You really were a great student and picked it up so fast!!! Yaaay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pages Nathalie!..love everything about them! ;)

    ReplyDelete