Wednesday, October 23, 2013

6x6 Paper Play with Jen

Hello all! Jen here to share a 12x12 layout created using the amazing CP Flea Market 6x6 paper pad in the October Pocket Life kit. Our oldest son started preschool this year, with much excitement, and it was a memory I wanted to capture without delay.

Jen_Oct6x6
I started with the notebook lined paper that I've hoarded in my stash forever and finally had cause to use. He is in a private program which requires uniforms - white tops and navy blue bottoms - so, the navy and white polka dot print was simply perfect as part of my background!

Jen_Oct6x6_detail3

I wanted those school colors to stand out so, used the graduated teal paint strip paper to ground the dot pattern, cutting stars from the strip using my Silhouette, and backing a few stars with the cool, neutral wood grain paper. I added his initial using a Thicker from the PL Embellishment Kit.

Jen_Oct6x6_detail2
Two of the October Pocket Life stamps paired together state "Today was the best." - the final little touch needed to finish my Silhouette cut title.

No comments:

Post a Comment