Friday, June 21, 2013

Playing with Project Life


Hi everyone! April here with another installment of Playing with Project Life. When I received June’s kits, I knew immediately that I couldn’t waste all the summer-y goodness on my weekday spreads. They were just TOO perfect for documenting the sun and sand, so I reevaluated my initial plans and decided that I should FINALLY start scrapbooking my honeymoon trip that we took in 2012 (my plan is to create a full 12x12 PL album for this trip alone). We spent four days/three nights on the beautiful Greek Island of Mykonos. AH-June-PL1-1 AH-June-PL1-2 AH-June-PL1-3

If you follow us on Instagram (@CitrusTwistKits), you’ll have seen the sneaks I posted from some of my favorite cards that I made for this spread. For the title card, I cut “Mykonos” from my Cricut again, and then embellished using items from the kit plus the 6x6 cut-away papers that I turned into tags (by cutting off the top corners). For the 3x4 card, I used Jen’s amazing stamps to make a simple and easy filler card by repetitive stamping. For the 6x4 filler card, I used the chipboard kite as a guide then glued down the twine, then glued down the alphas that I made into a banner.

AH-June-PL1-4

I also busted out my calligraphy pen and watercolors for a couple of cards. AH-June-PL1-5

And here are your sketches!

AH-June-PL1-6

12 comments:

  1. Love this layout! Great use of all the kit elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!! so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome PL layouts! It makes me want to go back and add a few pages into my honeymoon album that's waiting to be finished too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These layouts are seriously stunning. I love LOVE your calligraphy (where did you learn??!!?!! Can I learn, too? really! I'd love to know). You have totally given me some ideas to think about for my own honeymoon album (it was 7 years ago now...wow)
    Thank you for this absolutely gorgeous inspiration!!
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Natalie! You're so sweet! YES! You can totally learn. I had been wanting to learn copperplate (aka pointed pen) calligraphy for a long time, so I took a basic class locally in my area when it was available. I live in San Diego, so you if you're in my area - I can tell you who to contact. I seriously just did Google searches to look for a local class. I do know that there's a workshop coming up in the Los Angeles area, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll link you to that information as well!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will look into whether there might be classes in my area. Unfortunately your recommendations might not work for me, since I'm on the East Coast (Baltimore area). It is a huge help to know that it's called copperplate calligraphy!! Thanks for your reply :)
      ~Natalie

      Delete
  5. looks like you had a great time! i love the way you used all of your pl elements! and i absolutely love your calligraphy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aliki! You're so sweet! And so funny! When we went to Greece, we met a wonderful woman named Aliki and I thought to myself, wow.. what a unique name! And yay, now I've met another! :)

      Delete
  6. This is just wonderful April! Perfect use of this kit! I am in awe of your "Let's go on an adventure card"!!! It would be awesome as part of the kits ;)

    ReplyDelete